What can you do to help your hair, skin and nails – right now?
Maybe you’re wondering when your skin will feel comfortable again, not dry and itchy— your hair less brittle and your nails, like nails again? Here’s some advice for facing winter’s cold air, moisture-sapping heaters and lack of fresh fruits and veggies.
• Take an Omega-3 liquid or softgel supplement to help maintain your skin’s healthy fat lipids and combat dry skin.
• Make sure you’re taking 1,000 mg of Vitamin D daily or try a combo of Vitamin D with K2 (K2 will benefit eczema-prone skin and active people alike).
• Try Marine or Bovine Collagen, which has 9g of protein per serving, to boost your body’s collagen content. Collagen is key for all connective tissue in the body including bone, skin, muscle, cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
• Supplement with BioSil capsules or liquid drops, which help your body to create its own collagen.
• Take a Biotin capsule once a day to keep skin, hair and nails healthy. Biotin is a form of Vitamin B7, traditionally found in foods like egg yolk, liver and yeast. It can be taken in combination with BioSil and/or Marine and Bovine Collagen.
• Add a hydrating serum to your skincare regime. We like Montreal-based ZORAH’s Ino Intensive Hydrating Serum
• Make sure to use an exfoliator, 2-3 times a week, to remove dead skin and follow with moisturizer or mask.
• Apply fractionated coconut oil all over your skin after a shower, or add a bit to your bath or even use it to shave. It will help lock-in moisture.
• Use a heavy ointment on hands overnight to keep fingertips from splitting. Try NOW’s 100% Pure Lanolin; it creates a water barrier on hands to last through hand washing.
Visit us at Terrens Wellness Centre for your personalized supplement and skincare routine this winter…. for a healthier more vibrant you!